<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 15, 2006

2 Embarrassing Scenes Involving Me and Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home

Scene 1, in a car, sometime during early high school(?)

Bob Dylan: "She's got everything she needs, she's an artist, she don't look back.
She's got everything she needs, she's an artist, she don't look back."

Me: He said that already.

Guy Driving the Car: Are you a musician? You could take a lesson from this guy.

Me: Who is this?

Guy: Bob Dylan.

Me: Oh.


Scene 2, some months or years later, in my basement, my brother John listening to "Mr. Tambourine Man"

Me: Ugh, why is Bob Dylan singing this song?

John: I think he wrote it.

Me (later): I like it when he plays the harmonica because then he isn't singing.


So now, years later, the album shows up on the book list for one of my classes, and I get to listen to it and be reminded of two separate occasions when I blabbed my ignorant mouth off about Bob Dylan. What fun.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?