<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Yeah, okay.

Some people like to use the term "tennis ball" to refer to a ball used in a game of tennis. Myself, I like to think of a "tennis ball" as a little round chunk of the abstract concept of tennis. Why? Mainly because I like to make things more difficult than they are. If someone asks me for a tennis ball, I give them a weird look and say, "You want a ball of aerobic exercise, weird European names, and wealthy hobbyists?" Then I give them one and quickly leave before I have to find out what sort of alarming things they were planning to do with it.

That reminds me, there used to be some outdoor tennis courts near one of our dorms, but now the fence and the nets are gone and the words "OPEN YOUR EYES" are painted on the court. I can't tell you how much this has changed my life. I was obviously living in some sort of tennis-filled fantasy world, blinded by my own stubborn ignorance to the fact everything I thought I knew about the universe was a lie. Obviously, tennis is The Matrix, and if we don't wake up to that truth, and soon, the world we love and all its vital racquet sports are in danger. I wonder what the people who wrote that were thinking.

I miss the days when I could just wander into the bookstore on my way back from somewhere, buy a cd that I'd never heard before, and end up loving it. Actually, that only happened once.

I figured out why people say "Happy New Year" instead of "Happy New Deer." It's because New Deer sounds like Nude Ear, and "Happy Nude Ear" makes no sense.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?