<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 26, 2005

The Ghost of a Post as it Heads for the Coast

I feel dumb keeping this blog. I hardly can think of anything funny anymore. I think it would be fun sometimes to keep a "real" blog, like about stuff that happens to me and what I think and try to be interesting about it. But that would be dumb too, because so many people that I know read this blog, and if I'm going to talk about things, then the next time I talk to them I won't have anything to talk about, or they'll be like "Oh, you think x, huh?" and I'll be like "Eh, don't worry about it" and the whole rest of the bus ride to Reno will be uncomfortably silent.

Is the point of blogs to entertain people or to inform them about what's going on in your life? I think a lot of people use them to keep people up to date, but I don't think that's the real purpose. Half the blogs I read are by people I don't know, and what value could there be in reading about their daily happenings if it weren't entertaining? Some people write so well that it's interesting just to hear about their boring day. Other people couldn't make a thought-provoking statement with a flamethrower.

I have a suspicion that I'd be super boring if I tried to write the kind of blog I like to read. To be perfectly honest, my favorite part of having this blog is the discussions in the comments. A bunch of people who don't know each other can weigh in on issues of no consequence. It's fun.

I'll keep this blog up and try to be more creative and clever. I'm lazy and dumb, though, and not at all a descendent of the Olympian deities. Three strikes against me right there. I'm out, I guess.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?