<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Big, big news, man. Big.

So last year, someone said "I like your shirt" to me. Today, someone else told me the same thing while I wore the same shirt. "Sure," you say, "that happens sometimes. Maybe it's even happened to me." But this is not a noteworthy shirt. 2 out of 2 people who are me or Clare agree on that. It's a plain purple-on-black plaid shirt with buttons. It doesn't say anything on it and it's not even shiny or on fire. I thought that people usually said "I like your shirt" to people with either flamboyantly awesome shirts or shirts that reference some sort of dumb pop culture thing that they like. I've had that happen to me before even. But this, this is borderline unusual.

I could understand one person saying it, because the odds are good that at least one person out there will like a given shirt, and I just ran into that person. But today's incident has left me wondering if my shirt is the same as some celebrity's shirt or something. I mean, kids like "rap" these days. Maybe it's some kind of "rap" shirt. Otherwise, I can't think of what would make it noteworthy.

Ahem, funny you should mention that...

Oh, look, everybody. It's Signor Italics! What do you want, Signor Italics?

Well, I see quite a similarity between your shirt and this post.

Namely?

Namely, neither is worth mentioning. Just as you could not understand why someone would go to the trouble of complimenting your shirt, I'm racking my brains here for a reason why you'd go to the trouble to write about it. Honestly, some people write about world events or even dramatic occurrences in their own lives. You write about your shirt.

And you write about me writing about my shirt.

Oh, shove off.

You shove off.

I'll shove you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?