<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 11, 2004

You're a girl, or maybe a wagon filled up with pancakes.

For some reason, when i tell people my name for the first time, many of them think i'm saying "Matt." What is it about the way i talk that makes it sound like that? Then, the more i repeat my actual name (and the more they respond "yeah, i heard you. Matt.") the stranger my voice sounds to me and the more unable i seem to be to speak correctly. I start feeling like my throat is all blocked up and i'm talking through a wall of phlegm. My vowels start to sound more nasal than the entire country of France getting indignant all at once. "Maybe my name really is Matt," i start to think. The next time anyone who reads this talks to me in person, could you clue me in on exactly what kind of weirdo i sound like? Thanks. This has happened more than five times by now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?