<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

Amphibious Pop Culture

Here is a poem that I wrote three or four years ago about my favorite stuffed frog, Fujifrog. (Yes, I had a stuffed animal-friend in high school. He was the coolest. And he could have killed you with his little toe, so don't mess.) Anyway, I came across it the other day and thought it was pretty funny, so I decided to share the yummy verse cake with everyone. Mmmm.

--
The Ballad of Fujifrog

Fujifrog, o Fujifrog
He's better looking than a log.
Don't mistake him for a toad
Or else he'll probably explode.

You want panache? This frog's got lots.
Skin of blue with jet-black spots.
His front legs are extremely long
I'll tell you why they look so wrong.

Three frogs named Bud and Er and Wise
Went spying with their bulgy eyes.
They spotted Fuji from a mile
And envied him his froggish style.

They found a moving semi truck
Whereon poor Fuji's hands they stuck.
And to his legs they held on tight
Until the truck was out of sight.

Finally, they let him go.
Of course, by this time, as you know
His limbs were disproportionate
But Fujifrog could handle it.

I asked him why his arms weren't sore;
He told me what he'd use them for.
"When next I meet those bullies three,
I'll strangle them quite easily."
--

Man, i wish i could still come up with stuff like that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?